GSForum - Segélyvonal

English Topic

Muck

martin_dante
It was a stupid sentence

Where do you know, how is a 16 yeears old know english

For example, i'm 13, and i'm better, than the english department's children, because, i don't have to have a look at the book, because i know the all...

I have to learn just in language school

I dont have to learn words in my class coz' i know all the words from songs,games,books...etc...And if i dont know something i will recognize it.

martin_dante

Gyu, the new gamestar is awesome-o. This is cartman Style!!!! laugh.gif

Heistmonkey
i join! I like english, too. However my english teacher is sometimes angry, 'casue I prefer the American english, not the british, bez I can speak both of them.

What do you mean you prefer American english? For example you say "elevator" instead of "lift", or "smart" instead of "clever"? biggrin.gif Or is it the American pronunciation, you prefer?

Jamaican pronunciation is the best! No one can understand a thing from it. biggrin.gif

nezolaca
Jamaican pronunciation is the best! No one can understand a thing from it. biggrin.gif

Yeah, that's cool, but the best pronunciation is is Dutch. They say swaaaam instead swim. biggrin.gif

Kope
The LOTR book what I saw was also a thick one smile.gif And it cost 7800 as I remember... the black one with shiny black runes and on not too expensive paper (almost like toilet paper smile.gif ). And it has 1100 pages (or more... I have to admit I don't remember properly...).

I'll write a BME exam: The oral part will be on 25th of August, and the listening and the writing part will be next day. Today I 'learnt' some grammar... so trivial. I'm trying to avoid overcondifence, but so much people from our year passed it with so high percent and with so little useable english (Yeah I'm succeed to copy the famous words of Churchill in connection with their pilots after the Battle of Britain biggrin.gif).

My intermediate exam was BME too! And also will be my advanced. Overconfidence is much better than having no confidence at all, like I have now smile.gif. I think I would have had much better results if I had more confidence, especially in the oral part.

jk345
Gyu, the new gamestar is awesome-o. This is cartman Style!!!! laugh.gif

I'say to you something:

I never buoght the gamestar

magazine.

But I red the san andreas

test,and when I finished

it I'm going to be nervous,

becouse mad factor wrote,

the ps2 is shit.

That was real not good idea

I think.

Kope
Yeah, that's cool, but the best pronunciation is is Dutch. They say swaaaam instead swim. biggrin.gif

Well I heard a norvegian talk english a few dys ago in a hostel. Now that was an experiance laugh.gif

-Dan-
What do you mean you prefer American english? For example you say "elevator" instead of "lift", or "smart" instead of "clever"? biggrin.gif Or is it the American pronunciation, you prefer?

Yes. For examlpe I use elevator, not lift, movie not film, and I usually use wanna and gonna, not want to or going to. My teacher is a bit angry because she think, the british people don't use the words short forms...

Dniworrom

it's only slang.he's caricaturing people who can't talk normally.

laugh.giflaugh.gif almost laugh.giflaugh.gifI misunderstood it smile.gif

martin_dante
I'say to you something:

I never buoght the gamestar

magazine.

But I red the san andreas

test,and when I finished

it I'm going to be nervous,

becouse mad factor wrote,

the ps2 is shit.

That was real not good idea

I think.

Bad Sector didnt say this about ps2! And i want to say u something too: i really dont mind what are you thinking, but i know that you dont write good.

jk345
Bad Sector didnt say this about ps2! And i want to say u something too: i really dont mind what are you thinking, but i know that you dont write good.

I don't want to

write that much sentences,

that bad sector wrote.

but I can remember real well.

But ok.let's leave this shit,

and talk about something else ok?

martin_dante
I don't want to

write that much sentences,

that bad sector wrote.

but I can remember real well.

But ok.let's leave this shit,

and talk about something else ok?

Why u write like u writing a poem?

Heistmonkey

I was about to ask this too. biggrin.gif

Jk345, your English grammar and writing is terrible. rolleyes.gif

Let me translate.

"But I red the san andreas

test,and when I finished

it I'm going to be nervous"

"De én piros a San Andreas tesztet, és amikor befejeztem, ideges leszek."

nezolaca

Let me translate.

test,and when I finished

hey man nobody is prefect.... err i mean perfect! biggrin.gif

Flame_of_Aiur

I think he meant he knows a 16-year-old whose English is worse than his. But maybe I'm wrong. unsure.gif . But it's true that it's usually not true. (it was an interesting sentence, wasn't it? biggrin.gif But I hope you understand biggrin.gif )

About this "slang" thing smile.gif : I think it's interesting and funny, but really annoying sometimes. (Hepathos's was a good example for it biggrin.gif )

And Flame: I'm sure you won't have any problems with the exam. Your English is pretty good. smile.gif

Oh, and I almost forgot: This topic is a great idea! smile.gif

Thank you, but I never forget: there are always need of practise and learning. At least for myself smile.gif (and I never forget, that people sometimes partial biggrin.gif )

Kope: this part is not a problem (the oral part): If I feel myself comfortable, I can speak a half hour biggrin.gif But there are things what makes me... well what can you tell about weather? biggrin.gif "The sun is shining and the it's raining and cold." That's all what I can tell about the wheather. Yeah: I know what they want, sure can chat about England and Hungary in Summer and Winter, but it's hard when you don't intrested in it biggrin.gif And I used to interested what I speak (now it's sure I'm spelled wrong something, but at least I don't used Backspace biggrin.gif).

jk345

this is my style.

real fresh.

jk345

Let me translate.

test,and when I finished

no,no,no.

red is the past design

of the read in this

situation....i think

it's realy not a good

sentence,but I'm

too tired to concentrating.

I'm sorry for the

fatal errors....

Flame_of_Aiur

no,no,no.

red is the past design

of the read in this

situation....i think

it's realy not a good

sentence,but I'm

I'm sorry for the

fatal errors....

"red is the past design" -> You mean "red" is the past form of 'read'? biggrin.gif Men; have you ever seen an irregular verb list? biggrin.gif It's 'read' (also 'read' in past participle form), and you only have to pronounce as 'red' smile.gif

"I'm too tired to concentrating" -> Of course, you are smile.gif You are too tired to concentrate and write english on the level of a primary school pupil smile.gif But I'm filled with forgiveness, so I'll smile.gif

martin_dante

no,no,no.

red is the past design

of the read in this

situation....i think

it's realy not a good

sentence,but I'm

I'm sorry for the

fatal errors....

Past design?!!!! WTF!!!!!!

Heistmonkey
no,no,no.

red is the past design

of the read in this

situation....i think

it's realy not a good

sentence,but I'm

I'm sorry for the

fatal errors....

But why are you writing in thick lines? It looks as if you was writing a poem. biggrin.gif

I hope there aren't any failures in my sentence. rolleyes.gif

Dniworrom

chill out dude...it doesn't matter how and what did he write!.....he's non compos mentis laugh.giflaugh.gif

Heistmonkey

chill out dude...it doesn't matter how and what did he write!.....he's non compos mentis laugh.gif  laugh.gif

Hey, I didn't say anything bad in that comment, I'm just curious about that thick line thing. laugh.gif

Crap tomorrow I have an English lesson, and I've completely forgot to do my homework, so I'm gonna have a looooong night. laugh.gif

Dniworrom
Hey, I didn't say anything bad in that comment, I'm just curious about that thick line thing. laugh.gif

Crap tomorrow I have an English lesson, and I've completely forgot to do my homework, so I'm gonna have a looooong night. laugh.gif

in my opinion you can ask our help to solve your homework biggrin.gif

Heistmonkey
in my opinion you can ask our help to solve your homework biggrin.gif

Nah, it isn't so hard to solve, the real problem is the amount of the exercises. biggrin.gif

Damn language exam! I get tons of homework every week. I hate preparing for it allready. biggrin.gif I hope I'll pass the exam. With so much preparing it better be no problem. laugh.gif

Lpat

Pls i have ten days to learn 8 topic of a book(it is the material of the next year english lessons)! so I just wanted to ask: -can you help me?

Tell me some tricks how you learn new words! How you practice speaking, how you use grammar and how can you learn it! Pls tell me the way you study! I want to know you style! I said i have only 10 days! It will be the longest week of my life! (just like janoo)

Maybe this little Gs community can help me!

Oh by the WAY: GOGO HUNGARIANS GOGOGO!!!! WE WILL WIN! Poor Real madrid..