GSForum - Segélyvonal

English Topic

Muck

martin_dante

Do you like the german language? Cuz' if i hear a peaple talk in german i almost rókázning (i dont know the english word) . biggrin.gif

Flame_of_Aiur

My french teacher said that the french are invidualysts.

Yes they are biggrin.gif They're very proud, and get angry when you speak to them in english... (if you meant this unsure.gif ) our teacher told some interesting things too smile.gif I started French, because I feel almost like you; not simply dislike the German language, but hate it smile.gif Yeah; I know it's subjective and only my personal feeling, but it's strong. And for the word you didn't know you can use various expressions: (to) be(ing) sick, to barf, to cat smile.gif And use SZTAKI. It's a fast and accurate (as I can see it...) dictionary: and with this you can improve your written english by yourself. For me it's a great fun biggrin.gif

Jakab_Mistype_III

Has somebody here ever had the chance to see the difference between the language he/she learned, and the language Britsih people speak?

I mean, have you ever met British people?

Dniworrom
Has somebody here ever had the chance to see the difference between the language he/she learned, and the language Britsih people speak?

yes i've met and the differences is conspicous!

and not just the accent but the grammar!

Jakab_Mistype_III
yes i've met and the differences is conspicous!

and not just the accent but the grammar!

I've been in a camp two years ago, where I was the only Hungarian. There were kids from Ireland, Britain, Belgium, Italy, Austria, Germany, Denmark, and who knows what else, so everybody had to speak English all the time.

One before the last morning, one of the British guys said:

- Blablabla, Daniel.

- What, who, where? - I asked. He laughed out and said:

- I said: Good morning.

OMG, that was an exhausting week.

Ah, yeah, and they pronounced my name sg like this: "Dennyöl".

Muck
Life teaches you more, than any university... experience is worth a lot more, than any books or stories. And I think, the ability or the routine to SPEAK a language is far more important, than any papers or diplomas...

Thanks GOd I don't have any problems to talk any languages...the problem, that sadly i just know 3 sad.gif And I'll have no more chance to learn more. this is a pity...

You have true

For example...

When we are talking here, we are learning new words, but it's full different of school

Brutality ( laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ), fastly, hardly, but here: it is cool (a "laza" értelmében), we don't must to learn, just come here, and talk

Muck
Yes they are biggrin.gif They're very proud, and get angry when you speak to them in english... (if you meant this unsure.gif ) our teacher told some interesting things too smile.gif I started French, because I feel almost like you; not simply dislike the German language, but hate it smile.gif Yeah; I know it's subjective and only my personal feeling, but it's strong. And for the word you didn't know you can use various expressions: (to) be(ing) sick, to barf, to cat smile.gif And use SZTAKI. It's a fast and accurate (as I can see it...) dictionary: and with this you can improve your written english by yourself. For me it's a great fun biggrin.gif

Yeah, i know SZTAKI

That is a really good dictionary webpage

Muck

But really brits are speaks english so fast

and it so hard to know that wahat are they say...

KisKiri
You have true

For example...

When we are talking here, we are learning new words, but it's full different of school

Brutality ( laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif ), fastly, hardly, but here: it is cool (a "laza" értelmében), we don't must to learn, just come here, and talk

I think, the English what we learn in scholl is only basic. But we can improve our English knowledge by practising it, like talking in English, reading it, or listening it (I think the last is the most effective).

Jakab_Mistype_III

I think you have to speak with a British, to realize what english language really is.

Their pronounciation is much different, then the American.

Edit: Or then english teachers, cos they often speak american english.

martin_dante
I think you have to speak with a British, to realize what english language really is.

Their pronounciation is much different, then the American.

Yes the american english is just some kind of mutant biggrin.gif.

Dniworrom

You have true

For example...

Brutality ( laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif ), fastly, hardly, but here: it is cool (a "laza" értelmében), we don't must to learn, just come here, and talk

your grammar is not very well,but that's why we here...to learn biggrin.gif

it's not an offence from me,just wanna help you smile.gif

Kope

This topic was a great idea!

I think I speak english pretty well. I´m going to write my advanced english exam in two weeks. (I have already done the intermediate half a year ago)

Do you like reading books in english? What books have you read? I´ve read The lord of the rings, The catcher in the rye (3 times laugh.gif ), M ice and men, The pink pony, Pygmallion, and The old man and the sea so far. (I might have forgotten some)

Oh by the way, I´m 16.

-Dan-

Hi everybody!

This topic is great! But why are we come here? To learn or for fun?

And one more question: I wanna use american english in this topic. Is it problem?

Jakab_Mistype_III

The old man and the sea.

Ay, man! biggrin.gif

I've read 1984 in English. One of my favorite books.

And I've read Stephen King's Dreamcatcher, but I didn't like that. It was like a movie script.

And I wanna read more in English in the future.

Watching movies in English is also a great way to learn.

Dniworrom
The pink pony, Pygmallion, and The old man and the sea so far.

the pink pony biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

mon petit pony laugh.gif

Kope
the pink pony biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

mon petit pony laugh.gif

Damn it I wanted to write The RED pony, sorry I´m a bit tired laugh.gif

I can´t believe I wrote that.

Dniworrom
Damn it I wanted to write The RED pony, sorry I´m a bit tired laugh.gif

I can´t believe I wrote that.

of course laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif you misstyped it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

martin_dante

I think the best way to learn english to watch cartoon network! (The original, not the new hungarian)

Kope
of course laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif you misstyped it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Well the P is so close to the R and... sad.gif

I travelled 500 kilometers today, so I was a bit confused smile.gif

KisKiri
Hi everybody!

And one more question: I wanna use american english in this topic. Is it problem?

We can have fun, and learn English at the same time by writing here. biggrin.gif

Kope
I think the best way to learn english to watch cartoon network! (The original, not the new hungarian)

It´s a pity I don´t have tat channel any more, I´ve learned a lot form it smile.gif

Dniworrom
Well the P is so close to the R and... sad.gif

I travelled 500 kilometers today, so I was a bit confused smile.gif

where were you? blink.gif

Jakab_Mistype_III
Hi everybody!

No problem, brotha! Just for fun, see?

Kope: You were on holiday? 500 km is pretty much.

Kope
Kope: You were on holiday? 500 km is pretty much.

Well I`m in Norway now, today I´ve travelled from the western part of the country to Oslo laugh.gif

The trip from Hungary to Norway was 2000kms.